Container and Cargo Examination Facilities
Snapshot of CEF results
Customs and Border Protection container and cargo examination facilities have been highly successful since the first CEF opened in November 2002.
Total seizures for the period 1 November 2002 to 30 June 2012 include:
- 596 kg of heroin
- 160 kg of opium
- 8543 of MDMA (ecstasy)
- 841 kg of crystal methylamphetamine (ice)
- 1946 kg cocaine
- 274 kg of other amphetamine type stimulants
- 4474 kg of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine
- 4040 litres of precursor chemicals, which can be used in the production of amphetamine type stimulants
- Over 539 million cigarette sticks
- 1414 tonnes of tobacco
There have also been large numbers of detections in relation to copyright, trademark, undeclared goods, quarantine and firearms breaches.
Read about recent finds in the media room